Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to put your vette in storage for 8 months what would you do to prep it for hibernation?

Any suggestions would be appreciated since I'll be doing this in about 3 weeks. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Place the car on carpet remnants or something cushy .Inflate tires to 32 lbs .

A few moth balls under car and the general area

Change oil if it hasn't been changed recently

Charge battery and then disconnect neg terminal
Should be all set

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Place the car on carpet remnants or something cushy .Inflate tires to 32 lbs .

A few moth balls under car and the general area

Change oil if it hasn't been changed recently

Charge battery and then disconnect neg terminal
Should be all set
I would change the battery advice. Remove the battery entirely and place it on a battery maintainer. Even disconnected a battery will lose power and as it loses power, lead sulfate will build up in the battery, degrading it. The maintainer will slow the degradation of the battery.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would change the battery advice. Remove the battery entirely and place it on a battery maintainer. Even disconnected a battery will lose power and as it loses power, lead sulfate will build up in the battery, degrading it. The maintainer will slow the degradation of the battery.
I can drink to that as long as someone tends the tender.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas. Would you be at all concerned with the tires sitting on the same spot for that long?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Radials and especially run flats do not tend to developer flat spots .BUT --I always make sure tire pressure is at the recommended level and I place something like carpet remnants ,Styrofoam or rubber mats under each wheel .It all gives me a warm feeling .8 Mons. is while .

Also your owners manual should have storage recommendations in there somewhere.

I just hope your going someplace warm,safe and being paid lots money .:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
241 Posts
new bff

Forget the storage. You need to trust me here, your car will be crap by the time you get back. Me, I'm not going to let that happen. Don't thank me, I'm just that kind of guy. On my dime, I'll fly to the Springs and pick up your car. I'll drive it while you're gone on my gas money. Sunny S. AZ, no rain, no sleet, but we do have dark of night. Won't drive it at night. Just a few 1/4 miles to keep it loose. When you get back, done in your drive all sparkly with a brand new Pine Mountain air freshener tree hanging proud. PM me asap since you are leaving in 3 weeks, I need to get my plane ticket before Southwest sells out the good sky box seats.:pigsfly:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Mine sits from November till April or so,sometimes from October.I put stabil in the full tank,fill the tires to 40 psi,hook up a battery tender,leave the windows open and that's it.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forget the storage. You need to trust me here, your car will be crap by the time you get back. Me, I'm not going to let that happen. Don't thank me, I'm just that kind of guy. On my dime, I'll fly to the Springs and pick up your car. I'll drive it while you're gone on my gas money. Sunny S. AZ, no rain, no sleet, but we do have dark of night. Won't drive it at night. Just a few 1/4 miles to keep it loose. When you get back, done in your drive all sparkly with a brand new Pine Mountain air freshener tree hanging proud. PM me asap since you are leaving in 3 weeks, I need to get my plane ticket before Southwest sells out the good sky box seats.:pigsfly:
Haha nice idea, but I don't really like those air fresheners that much so I'll probably have to pass. Plus I think a good amount of Southwest's flights are grounded right now so yeah it probably just wont work out. Thanks for such a great offer though.

Thanks again for the rundown of stuff to do.
Oh and yeah it will be warm as hell, safe is a relative term and I'll be getting some tax free money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts