Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove 100 miles through farming country this afternoon and when I got back home I counted ONE flying insect splatter on my windshield. Where have the flying insects gone? Twenty years ago I would have had hundreds of flying insect splatters but now days there are few to none. Are they dying because of herbicides? Insecticides? Fungal infections? Diseases? Climate change? I have also noticed a huge decline in the bird populations that ate those insects. In nature when one domino falls it starts a chain reaction of domino's falling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drove 100 miles through farming country this afternoon and when I got back home I counted ONE flying insect splatter on my windshield. Where have the flying insects gone? Twenty years ago I would have had hundreds of flying insect splatters but now days there are few to none. Are they dying because of herbicides? Insecticides? Fungal infections? Diseases? Climate change? I have also noticed a huge decline in the bird populations that ate those insects. In nature when one domino falls it starts a chain reaction of domino's falling.
Come to Kentucky. I think they all moved here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts