Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking on rough roads CA Freeways I get Steering wheel feed back as in a vibration is this normal for the C4.

I have 16 inch rims 50 seires tires new bushings new shocks.

Not so bad you cant hold on to the steering wheel but you know it vibrating going down the road.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
balance the tires first

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All the tires are new.
245-50/16

They have if I lucky 5000 miles on them.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If this vibration problem started since you got the new tires I think it is obvious what the cause is. Also, it is not normal for a C4 to have vibration in the steering wheel.

You either have a balancing problem, alignment problem or an out of round, damaged tire or rim.

On my 85 I am running 95 rims with 255-45-17 in front and 285-40-17 in the rear with absolutely no vibration.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If this vibration problem started since you got the new tires I think it is obvious what the cause is. Also, it is not normal for a C4 to have vibration in the steering wheel.

You either have a balancing problem, alignment problem or an out of round, damaged tire or rim.

On my 85 I am running 95 rims with 255-45-17 in front and 285-40-17 in the rear with absolutely no vibration.
When I purchased the car I never drove it with the tires that were on it I put new ones on it the old ones were dry rotted.

The car was not running when I got it all new brakes the supension is all rebuilt, new motor new POPS 700r4 transmission but it vibrated before I had the trans done.

I could be a bent rim I take down where I had the tires mounted and have them rebalance them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts