Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody, I am new to this site. Thanks for having me . I recently purchased a 1978 L48 and it does not have tilt/tele steering column. I was considering purchasing a used oem column and having it rebuilt. Are there other options?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I haven't owned a C3 in quite awhile but ...
there are aftermarket muscle car companies that make just about everything else
google around , you just might find one

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply vettex2. I did see a couple different aftermarket columns available but I was wanting to stay original. I didn't know if I should buy an already rebuilt one($600-$1000) or buy salvage and rebuild? I don't know how hard it is to rebuild one or if there is someplace that you can send them to have rebuilt? Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I wish I knew more
I'm just too far out of the C3 loop.....
I'd guess it depends on who does the re-build , no matter which way you go.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
hey everybody, I am new to this site. Thanks for having me . I recently purchased a 1978 L48 and it does not have tilt/tele steering column. I was considering purchasing a used oem column and having it rebuilt. Are there other options?

Just buy a used column. There are several Corvette only wrecking yards scattered across the nation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions. I will post on sv parts wanted & check out all of the other options available. With the exception of the steering wheel,are the 78-82 tilt/tele columns the same?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts