Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I decided to buy different styles of tubing benders and evaluate them. I found some of them are only able to bend soft aluminum or copper tubing and only about 45 degrees. These inferior tubing benders cost $20 to $30 and are totally worthless. After testing them one time I threw them into the garbage:

Many tubing benders are nearly identical in construction and available under many different brand names. They are able to bend steel tubing from 3/16" to 3/8", up to 180 degrees, and cost around $12 to $25. They all have short handles so they require a lot of effort to bend 3/8" steel tubing. For the average do-it-yourselfers these will do the job:

Some tubing benders are professional quality, will bend 3/16" to 3/8" steel tubing up to 180 degrees, have longer handles to make bends with far less effort, and cost $65 to $75. These tubing benders are made for the professionals who need the very best tubing benders and are available under several brand names. Some of these tubing benders will handle several sizes and some are dedicate for only 1/4", 5/16", or 3/8" tubing:

Pictured below are examples of bends I made using one of the premium benders:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.