Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing a new product out called Sprint Booster. It is suppose to improve throttle response on your gas pedal. They are so sure that you will like it, they are offering a 30 day money back guarantee. Does anyone have any experience with this and what is your opinion of it. I currently am using the Diablo Sport Tune, but could still use a little more throttle response.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Snake oil

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
From what I ve seen, it does nothing to increase HP or engine response.. it simply shortens the distance you press the pedal to achieve WOT. won t make your car any faster. just less exercise for your right foot.. maybe at the track, it could help compensate for slow reaction time on holeshot

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
^^^ what he said.

You're playing with the the electronic throttle control. It will feel faster because because less gas pedal travel will result in more throttle blade opening, but you're not making any more power for a given amount of throttle blade opening.

I doubt the holeshot gains are more than a couple thousandths of a second on the 60' time since most cars do not leave at idle. Might even be zero gain. I've seen the curve they advertise and being part way into the throttle to brake stall an auto or hold an M6 at 3,000+ rpm would eliminate some of the so-called gain.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any horsepower gain I realize would not happen, but what I was looking for is immediate throttle response. Just not sure if this does work the way they say it will and with a big price tag of $329.00 need to be sure. Also, could this have any effect on the traction control system.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you really want to mess with this, sell your diablo sport tuner and get HPT or EFILive. Then you make sure you have all the timing you can run and your transistion fueling is ok. Plus I believe you can modify the Throttle opening % versus pedal position sensor.

The most effective and least cost solution would be to learn to press the gas pedal another 1/4". ;)

Do you have a Z or a regular C6? If it is an A6, tranny tuning would definitely wake it up.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The most effective and least cost solution would be to learn to press the gas pedal another 1/4". ;)
:duel: touche' !

:smilielol5:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts