Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it be able to handle it and whats the safiest one i can get i was thinking 100 shot under WOT with some thing that ties in to the TB or MAF instead of drilling into my CAI. I don't want to go overboard with this as I don't want to push my luck and break anything!:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you stay at around 100 shot or maybe just a bit more you will be just fine. I know of alot of guys that are at the 125 shot level and have been for a long time with very good success!:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you stay at around 100 shot or maybe just a bit more you will be just fine. I know of alot of guys that are at the 125 shot level and have been for a long time with very good success!:thumbsup3:
Do you need a tune for just a 100 horsepower system or can u use the stock program ? what would u recommend wet or dry ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
A wet shot your good to 125 safely...after that make sure you've got multiple nozzles up to about 175 which is your true safe limit.

Here's a breakdown

100 shot - Ok, stock fuel pump, Dry shot in front of maf, get a window switch, and at least a pressure gauge...wet shot should be tuned at your expected operating pressure...dry shot will tolerate variances in bottle pressure from 800-1200 at this level safely. No tuning required. Low RPM limit 2600

125 Shot - Upper limit for Dry shot (950 PSI bottle pressure)...dry shot above this requires tuning and compromising off nitrous performance, Stock fuel pump ok on later model 01+ Corvettes, Wet shot limit for single nozzle. No tuning required. Low RPM limit 2800. Limit for small solenoids.

150 Shot - Wet shot dual nozzle recommended due to fuel atomization can cause plastic intakes to become little bits at this level. RPM switch controls absolutely required...bottom RPM activation safely 3000RPM. Fuel pump booster recommended for sea level cars. Race Solenoids required.

175 Shot - Additional Fuel pump or fuel pump booster, safe reasonable limit for stock bottom end. Recommend port nozzle setup. Minimum RPM activation for single shot 3400 RPM. Recommend progressive or multi stage at this level and beyond.

Effective nitrous use is all about optimizing and controlling cylinder pressure and we've tested the above guidelines repeatedly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A wet shot your good to 125 safely...after that make sure you've got multiple nozzles up to about 175 which is your true safe limit.

Here's a breakdown

100 shot - Ok, stock fuel pump, Dry shot in front of maf, get a window switch, and at least a pressure gauge...wet shot should be tuned at your expected operating pressure...dry shot will tolerate variances in bottle pressure from 800-1200 at this level safely. No tuning required. Low RPM limit 2600

125 Shot - Upper limit for Dry shot (950 PSI bottle pressure)...dry shot above this requires tuning and compromising off nitrous performance, Stock fuel pump ok on later model 01+ Corvettes, Wet shot limit for single nozzle. No tuning required. Low RPM limit 2800. Limit for small solenoids.

150 Shot - Wet shot dual nozzle recommended due to fuel atomization can cause plastic intakes to become little bits at this level. RPM switch controls absolutely required...bottom RPM activation safely 3000RPM. Fuel pump booster recommended for sea level cars. Race Solenoids required.

175 Shot - Additional Fuel pump or fuel pump booster, safe reasonable limit for stock bottom end. Recommend port nozzle setup. Minimum RPM activation for single shot 3400 RPM. Recommend progressive or multi stage at this level and beyond.

Effective nitrous use is all about optimizing and controlling cylinder pressure and we've tested the above guidelines repeatedly.
Thank you very much !! This is exactly the information I was looking for..:thumbsup3:

Can you recommend a good dry shot system ??

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Why not just do a H/C setup? You'll be close to, if not have that extra 100 hp on motor depending on how aggressive the cam is. 125 shot is safe, but why take the chance with nitrous. Plus, in the event of having to whoop some a$$, you don't have to worry about bottle warmers, stuck cylinoids or being empty. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spraying nitrous

I've been spraying a Nitrous Express wet kit 150 shot on my 06 since the day I installed it. Been over a year, no problems. Pretty fast too ! Haven't changed anything but spark plugs (colder). Stock fuel pump is handling it ok.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts