Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you guys used as sound deadener? dyna mat is expensive. Eastwood has there brand which is cheaper. some guys have used a foil and tar based roof material from Lowes or home depot but i'm wondering if my car will smell like tar. and some guys have used a rolled foil insulation from Lowes thats for the home that they have glues down. if you have used the eastwood stuff how many boxes do i need? each box does 33 sq ft.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
What have you guys used as sound deadener? dyna mat is expensive. Eastwood has there brand which is cheaper. some guys have used a foil and tar based roof material from Lowes or home depot but i'm wondering if my car will smell like tar. and some guys have used a rolled foil insulation from Lowes thats for the home that they have glues down. if you have used the eastwood stuff how many boxes do i need? each box does 33 sq ft.

My '71 has a real heavy layer of some kind of asphalt sound deadener sprayed on the underside and it seems to work very well as it's very quiet inside. I have seen spray cans of asphalt sold in lumberyards that I think would work just as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used the heat barrier plus the sound pad from Corvette America when I redid my 73. helps! Had to do some trimming around gas peddle, other than that, fit well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go to Lowes and get the generic (rubberized, foil on one side and sticky on the other) window flashing 2-3 rolls (It’s very similar to Dynamat, Not as thick but a ton cheaper. Then get the Bubble wrap foil covered, insulation. Comes in like 25 foot long by 2 foot wide roll, Last pick up a can of 3m spray glue. This combo really cut out road noise and lowered the temp on the inside. Been 6 months and seems to be holding up well. Oh and Lowes sells Stainless steal Screws bolts etc. a whole lot cheaper than any of the car parts houses. For replacing those old interior screws.

Be Safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts