Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 years ago i bought a car from Car Max i also bought a Viper alarm but never installed it as is new in the box and cost $350 at the time. I listed it on ebay last week and had a few bids. 2 days after i listed it i got a removal notice from ebay for "Patent Violation" as they were contacted by Viper in Vista California and said i cannot sell it. I contacted Viper yesterday and i told them that i did not manufactuer this and legally bought it from Car Max, they emailed me back to get a Lawyer. Are we going in the wrong direction in this country as this does not make any sence. Please advise your thoughts.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
craigslist

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
they sure were heavy handed about it......

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
7 years ago i bought a car from Car Max i also bought a Viper alarm but never installed it as is new in the box and cost $350 at the time. I listed it on ebay last week and had a few bids. 2 days after i listed it i got a removal notice from ebay for "Patent Violation" as they were contacted by Viper in Vista California and said i cannot sell it. I contacted Viper yesterday and i told them that i did not manufactuer this and legally bought it from Car Max, they emailed me back to get a Lawyer. Are we going in the wrong direction in this country as this does not make any sence. Please advise your thoughts.
After reading this, it sure would make me think it over several times before making a decision to buy a Viper alarm.

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vettex2 told me to sell it an craigs list so i opened the account yesterday and SOLD IT today. With all the terrible things going on in the world today, you would think that a big company like Viper would be helping the world out instead of googling who is selling there alarms. What a screw ball company they are. They saw my posting on ebay and knew it was a simple transaction .

·
Registered
17,137 Posts
Vettex2 told me to sell it an craigs list so i opened the account yesterday and SOLD IT today. With all the terrible things going on in the world today, you would think that a big company like Viper would be helping the world out instead of googling who is selling there alarms. What a screw ball company they are. They saw my posting on ebay and knew it was a simple transaction .
Has anyone contacted you from Viper?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts