Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, OK, not in my wheel wells yet, I will be doing the install after work today, but these are the only ones of their kind in the world since I have the first prototype set :)

GiroDisc Two Piece brake rotors for a Z-51 optioned Corvette. They are real race rotors with directional curved vanes meant for heavy track duty, but one of the big pluses is that the combo also removes almost 24lbs of unsprung weight / rotating mass...
They are zinc washed and the hubs are anodized aluminum, so nothing except for the friction surface can rust...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet new rotors! Are you doing anything different with the rest of the brakes?
I run stainless steel braided lines, MOTUL 600 race fluid and Carbotech XP6 pads which are track pads.

It only took one single stop from 200MPH to begin cracking my stock rotors, so I figured that was the next logical thing to upgrade...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! post up some photos after you have them installed. What made you go with these rotors? :beerbang:
1- My stock rotors cracked for the second time. THey are not adequate for hard stops after about 180 miles an hour.

2- Those are the lightest rotors I could find for my car.

3- I had this brand on my Subaru STI and was very happy with it.

4- The Underground Racing 1300HP Lamborghini Gallardo stops from 250+ miles an hour at the Texas Mile using these...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Looks very nice, I like the weight savings.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nice Sam, correct rotation and great looks. I just shipped my spare set of Z51 front one piece rotora total 50lbs...great weight savings

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rears did not fit (that's what I get for doing other people's prototype verifcation :( ). The floating pins hit the caliper bracket...
The fronts did fit and while it is a poor comparison since my stock rotors were glazed and cracked, the stopping power is unbelievable; I am having to re-learn how much to apply the brakes because the car stops with so little pressure now.

I'll let you know what I end up doing about the rears..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts