Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 25 years I have read hundreds of posts from guys using aftermarket rack and pinion steering, Borgeson steering boxes, HydraBoost brake systems, aftermarket aluminum master cylinders and calipers, different suspension components like coil overs, electric headlight conversions, electric operated wiper doors, different intake manifolds, carburetors, headers that always end up leaking, and you name it. It appears most everyone has a nightmare getting these components installed and for what gain? Just because they're different? And then after a few years the manufactures often go out of business which means replacement parts are no longer available which means the owners have to revert back to using the stock parts that worked perfectly.

When it comes to using Borgeson steering boxes I have seen guys using double u-joints with such severe bends I doubt they're safe and those who install HydraBoosts have no end of pressure problems using stock C3 pumps as they are supposed to be used with HydraBoost pumps that don't fit without extensive modifications. Again, for what gain?

Yes, as C3 enthusiasts we like to experiment with different things but as our C3's came from the factory in perfect working order I wonder if our experimenting is really worth the hassle of getting a zero performance gain at immense labor and expenses.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts