Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who had a nitrous kit on your Vette? Please explain your set up and how large your shot is? Did you install it yourself?

With NOS added the car of course will need a fresh new tune right?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
75 to 150 shot is typical. Yes you want to adjust the tune, especially as the spray goes up.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I've never run it, but if you decide to, make sure whoever sets it up really knows what they are doing and puts all the right safeguards in place.
Otherwise... It will be priceless:

Well, you get the idea. Those spectacular fire+explosions are almost always from wet shots backfiring; a dry shot is "safer" in that it won't turn your intake manifold into an air/fuel bomb, but if your fuelling is off, if the fuel pressure drops, the injectors max out or it leans out for any other reason, your engine will be gone. Also, if the timing is set too high it will detonate and shatter pistons.

Not that other power adders aren't risky, but I figured I'd bring this up because you asked if you need a new tune, so I figured I'd illustrate how bad it can get if you don't.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've never run it, but if you decide to, make sure whoever sets it up really knows what they are doing and puts all the right safeguards in place.

Well, you get the idea. Those spectacular fire+explosions are almost always from wet shots backfiring; a dry shot is "safer" in that it won't turn your intake manifold into an air/fuel bomb, but if your fuelling is off, if the fuel pressure drops, the injectors max out or it leans out for any other reason, your engine will be gone. Also, if the timing is set too high it will detonate and shatter pistons.

Not that other power adders aren't risky, but I figured I'd bring this up because you asked if you need a new tune, so I figured I'd illustrate how bad it can get if you don't.
That last photo is just image you would want to show the guy installing the kit! Make sure my car doesn't turn out like this. :vomitbuddy:

·
Registered
716 Posts
What do you mean? That will buff right out :smilielol5:

Seriously - that sucks!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I got dibs on the wheels :p
That is pretty much all that is left that is usable, although the front wheel looks questionable.

Rear fascia might be usable! :coffeetime:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That is pretty much all that is left that is usable, although the front wheel looks questionable.

Rear fascia might be usable! :coffeetime:
The brakes look OK.. I'd take those... That Z06 rear spoiler might be OK too... and maybe the tailights... Oh, the mufflers too... Maybe the transmission... Lol... Figure about, what, $10,000 worth of salvage parts from a $80,000 car that insurance will give the owner ZERO dollars since this happened at a race track and because of his own stupidity?
Life is hard some times... I know if I lost $80,000 like that it would be a while before I could drive anything halfway decent again :(

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks for the information. Yes I think I will look into other means of power. :eek2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts