Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Seems like that could just be a gossip show? I don't think GM is considering much of anything right now.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
GM has been looking at designs on a mid-engine Corvette since the C3 and there are a couple of prototypes and concept cars floating around in GM's collection. At the end of the day it has never met all of the design goals of the Corvette and as such it has never seen the light of day in to production.

About once per year speculation of a mid-engine Corvette has surfaced as someone stumbles upon some (new and old) information and publishes just such a piece to sell magazines, and grab web traffic.

·
Registered
262 Posts
GM has been looking at designs on a mid-engine Corvette since the C3 and there are a couple of prototypes and concept cars floating around in GM's collection. At the end of the day it has never met all of the design goals of the Corvette and as such it has never seen the light of day in to production.

About once per year speculation of a mid-engine Corvette has surfaced as someone stumbles upon some (new and old) information and publishes just such a piece to sell magazines, and grab web traffic.
There was an aricle in one of the Vette magazine last year with yellow C7 mid engine, was that one of the prototypes?

·
Registered
331 Posts
With a bold move like that, makes you wonder how the traditional Corvette owners would react. Would sales increase or decrease from a mid engine Corvette? It's a mystery!

So would you buy a mid engine?

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
There was an aricle in one of the Vette magazine last year with yellow C7 mid engine, was that one of the prototypes?
That car was never produced, it was a computer generated speculation concept image (not even GM) and was never a consideration.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I think ZORA ARKUS-DUNTOV built a mid engine C3. Wasn't what GM wanted the Vette to be at that time nor is it now. If GM wants to compete w/the big boys on the block,they should concentrate on fixing the interior cheapness of the Corvette and stop raising the prices every 15 minutes without fixing the quality.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I think ZORA ARKUS-DUNTOV built a mid engine C3. Wasn't what GM wanted the Vette to be at that time nor is it now. If GM wants to compete w/the big boys on the block,they should concentrate on fixing the interior cheapness of the Corvette and stop raising the prices every 15 minutes without fixing the quality.
New interior would be nice, or a few changes would be nice. :food-smiley-019:

·
Registered
67 Posts
i cant imagine a corvette mid-engine it wouldnt seem right....i really cant wait to see some of the new c7 official stuff.... great info guys :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts