Chevy Corvette Forum banner

So Far So Good

350 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  toobroketoretire 
#1 ·
My Holley's electric choke has operated perfectly for 17 days straight. Electric chokes and long duration camshafts don't play well together so I consider this to be somewhat of a miracle.

I have found it's best to give it just enough throttle to set the choke as a full throttle or two gives it too much gas which will make it "chug" until the unneeded gas gets burned.

I have always had choke issues in the last ten years but a couple of months ago I decided to get serious about it and find out why it was so inconsistent in its operation. The first thing I found was my fuel bowls were often nearly empty which allowed it to start but die within a second or two. Then I found it needed a lot more air on a cold start so I removed a large portion of the choke butterfly. After installing a push button fuel bowl priming switch and modifying the choke butterfly my choke finally became usable.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.