Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my first smog check. I currently have long tube headers, X pipe with high flow cats. Do you think I will pass smog? I live in CA.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You mean you have to wait for the results??

·
Registered
518 Posts
Long tube headers and cats moved from their original stock location will cause you to fail the visual portion of the CA test. Your actual emissions should be fine.. So the big question is how thorough of a visual insp will the shop perform. On my last smog they never even lifted the hood, they just plugged into the OBD2 port and it was done in 5 min.

I think it all depends on what kind of smog tech you get and what mood he is in that day.. Kinda sucks, but that's how it is.

Bottom line....expect to fail the test with LTs; because technically they are illegal, but there are people out there that squeak by. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I think it all depends on what kind of smog tech you get and what mood he is in that day.. Kinda sucks, but that's how it is.

Bottom line....expect to fail the test with LTs; because technically they are illegal, but there are people out there that squeak by. Good Luck.
I AGREE.....:z1-2:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Depends on how much it's worth to you?? an 20 or 50 bucks depending on who's doing the check. :hehehe:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts