1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
unplug the CAGS connector on the trans

As I'm not the least bit familiar with the CAGS system tell me what it does. Does it shift from 1st to 4th all by itself without having to push the clutch pedal down? Is it something like the annoying 25 mph 3rd gear converter lockup that the TH700R4's have?

And if it does upshift to 4th all by itself does it use a solenoid to put pressure against the shift fork?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
As I'm not the least bit familiar with the CAGS system tell me what it does. Does it shift from 1st to 4th all by itself without having to push the clutch pedal down? Is it something like the annoying 25 mph 3rd gear converter lockup that the TH700R4's have?

And if it does upshift to 4th all by itself does it use a solenoid to put pressure against the shift fork?
As I understand it, there is a solenoid operated gate that forces the transmission into 4th when up shifting out of first under certain speed/rpm conditions. The clutch is used normally.

See http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10109

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pappytinker has it right !! I bought mine at Zip and installed it in 5 minutes. A plug fits into drivers side of transmission and another part is installed on the end of the cable which was removed from that site. Best $20 for C5-C6.
:thumbsup3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts