Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of FelPro silicone rubber valve cover gaskets because my neoprene gaskets are leaking enough to leave a mess on my garage floor. As silicone rubber oil pan gaskets do such a great job I decided to try the silicone rubber valve cover gaskets. I think RTV and silicone rubbers are two of the greatest inventions we have seen in the last 50 years.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just bought a pair of FelPro silicone rubber valve cover gaskets because my neoprene gaskets are leaking enough to leave a mess on my garage floor. As silicone rubber oil pan gaskets do such a great job I decided to try the silicone rubber valve cover gaskets. I think RTV and silicone rubbers are two of the greatest inventions we have seen in the last 50 years.
I'm in the process of changing them right now. The new silicone gaskets are light grey and don't have the "locating" tabs like the neoprene gaskets have so these must be RTV'd in place then set onto a flat surface long enough for the RTV to cure. After curing more RTV must be applied to prevent oil from going over the top of the gaskets which is where most leaks originate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts