Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for factory sidepipes or a reproduction set for a 66 roadster. Does anyone know where i can find a set? Anybody reproduce them?? Thanks for any help i can get. Steve

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've been searching for factory sidepipes or a reproduction set for a 66 roadster. Does anyone know where i can find a set? Anybody reproduce them?? Thanks for any help i can get. Steve
Almost all of the usual Corvette parts houses have them (Paragon, Corvette Central, Zip, Long Island, Allen's Exhaust, etc.); however, all of them are significantly louder than the original GM sidepipes. Google "Sweet Thunder" - they've just introduced what the say are exact reproductions of the original GM pipes, with the original sound.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fortunately you do have options. If you want original type GM pipes just refer to the big catalog guys or consult with NCRS judges for sourcing. Now, if you want to customize the sound and flow, there are companies like Allens or Chambered Exhaust who can really customize a set of pipes for your Corvette at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Depending on if the car is original, I would agree going for the factory look pipes. However, if you aren't concerned with originality I've seen header sidepipe setups at Jegs, by Hooker and Doug Thorley. I almost got a set when I had my '74 but I wrecked the car. Silly Kid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts