Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have hooker headers that are ceramic coated. Awesome headers I want side exhaust but I don't want to spend $1,800.00 for side exhaust and headers. I know I can buy just the side pipe but I want the look of the headers poking out the sides just a bit.
I found this on JC Whitney and it has the look I want. Has anyone put these one before. The thing I don't like is the other three "header" pipes just stick out and open. I don't drive this in the rain but seems like if water got in there it would rust out pretty quick.
Anyways just wanting some comments

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Ok lets see if I get this, you have standard long tube Hookers w/3in collectors, and these sidemounts only actually have 1 functioning pipe to connect to? you could block off the 3 fake pipes to prevent rust but you re gonna have some really sharp turns to come off the collector reducers and then go forward some to connect with these things. I m sure a Muffler shop could fabricate what you would need....how much are these pipes?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep that's why I was more interested in it. I don't like fake things. I guess that's one of my biggest hold backs right now. But it does have the look I want and I bet the sound would be great too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know why the link didn't take you right there. Anyways here's the info on it if anyone else is interested.

HEADER-LOOK CHROMED SIDE PIPE KITS Connects to headers or stock exhaust system Increases horsepower, improves performance Available with big 3" or 3-1/2" diameter chrome-plated side pipes

The look of an expensive tuned header/side pipe exhaust system-;at a fraction of the price! With one functioning inlet tube and 3 dress-up tubes. Kit features built-in high-flow mufflers (with efficient 6-sided louvered cores) to absorb noise, but not horsepower! Easy installation. Two welded brackets on each pipe allow easy, secure attachment of L-shaped hangers with nuts and bolts. Kits include: 2 complete pipes with 4 tube collectors, installation hangers, nuts and bolts. Choice of 3 lengths to accommodate virtually all applications. Choose various lengths with kit with 3" diameter pipes and kit with 3-1/2" diameter pipes.
Note: Length of side pipes is measured from the bend in the collector to the end of the side pipe. Cannot be shipped express. Please check local emission laws before ordering.

This pic is from a customer. (at least that's what they say)

·
Registered
305 Posts
They look great but, be forwarned that J C Whitney's chrome exhaust pipes sometimes don't have a good finish. I purchased some pipes some years ago for my V W Trike and they had a real bad chrome finish. I had to have them re-chromed. I hope this is not the case with these pipes. Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts