Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Can anyone tell me how I can get my car looking like it just came out of the show room?
I believe the paint is still in great condition, I just need it to shine, shine, shine.
Do I need to take it to a body shop so they can apply any comercial waxes or rubbing compound or just a special car wash?
Thanks ahead of time for your inputs.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey Paul, what kind of condition is the paint in? Does it have swirls/scratches in it? If it does, those need to me removed via machine polishing to get it back to looking new.

From there, to enhance the shine you can apply a glaze and/or wax to not only get it back to showroom-new condition, but better than showroom-new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the paint is in very good condition it may have some swirls but not much because i took it to a car wash with a special hand wax a while ago.
I guess I will have to do again to make sure.
What kind of glaze or wax are you talking about?
The reason I am doing all this is also I am having someone do an engine overhaul on my original engine because it threw 2 rods and I know it probably really dirty when they give it back to me over the weekend.
Thanks for your response.
Thamks for the help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Nick
How much do you think all this will cost?
After spending $2,500 on my engine it does not not leaves too much room for anything else!
I am also thinking how will the car look with dark tinted windows?
Is it worth it?
Is it going to mess up my originality?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts