Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of a product from (www.complianceparts.com) that when connected to eletrical system allows the Service Columu Lock to be by-passed. The product is an LMC5 Module and cost is $38. Its my understanding that once connected you'll never have to worry about this issue popping up EVER again. Sounds to good to be true, but... Eevn if your C5 has been re-called to replace the wiring harness that created this mess the system could still shut down but with this module it the issue will be by-passed/elimated. What ya think?? :patriot:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read allot of reviews on this and finally decided to purchase as I had the Column Lock happen intermittently to me over the last couple of years. I installed it about three weeks ago. Was a little intimidating reading the instructions prior to install but was actually very easy to follow and went in with no trouble. It has worked like an absolute champ for me since the install. Basically the column lock now never engages. Customer service was also excellent as I called with a couple of questions prior to the install and was able to get the answers I needed no problem. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, thanks. A friend of mine just had this issue Service Column Lock. His 2000 vette was dead in the water, he bought the LMC5 and installed it - fixed the problem without a hitch. Its made a believer out of me and I ordered one, hope to have it on in a few days. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts