Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm fairly new here. Just wanted opinions on roller rockers for my 91 L98. 1.5s or 1.6s, self aligning or non, whitch ones are the best fit. In other words I'm clueless. I just know I want them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Roller Rockers are superior to stock stamped pivot ball type in several ways.. less friction, so less heat, less wear and less parasitic loss..longer life,better oiling and smoother operation at high rpms....the 1.6 ratio will give you slightly more effective cam lift/duration, more hp... there are a number of good brands, I run Scorpion,excellent product made in USA [ Florida to be exact]and have lifetime warrenty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I looked at them on Summit, my only concern is Will the aluminums stand up to a daily driver though?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Roller rockers

Yes ! Rollers R Better ! But Aluminum Will Get Tired ! After a lot of Use ! I'd go With Steel ! Just Run the 1.6 Their .030 Higher lift !!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Roller Rockers are superior to stock stamped pivot ball type in several ways.. less friction, so less heat, less wear and less parasitic loss..longer life,better oiling and smoother operation at high rpms....the 1.6 ratio will give you slightly more effective cam lift/duration, more hp... there are a number of good brands, I run Scorpion,excellent product made in USA [ Florida to be exact]and have lifetime warrenty.
what changes did you make to correct the valve geometry going to 1.6 ratios ?
I know on our high rpm engines we make several

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
I m not running the 1.6.. my roller cam already has .576 lift, I figured thats probably enough...my heads are ported 195 Alum. its first dyno pull was 501HP at 6100rpm, 498 ftlbs torq.. I ve made some additional improvements,its probably near 525 now. But you re right, you should always check it ,to see what the proper pushrod length should be when changing anything in the geometry.[ bigger cam or 1.6 rocker] ....Oh, and that your springs can handle the additional lift, of course

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Lift is .030 more than 1.5 's So ! Wat's The Problem ? ....
Problem? Advice like "Throw Them On" could cost someone an engine. Coil bind,seal/guide interference, valve guide wear from improper pushrod length all come to mind. :doh:

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Problem? Advice like "Throw Them On" could cost someone an engine. Coil bind,seal/guide interference, valve guide wear from improper pushrod length all come to mind. :doh:

The problem comes from the height of the valve guide. Stock heads will only stand about a .480" lift so if you're running a cam that is anywhere near that amount of lift the 1.6's could make the underside of your spring retainers hit the tops of your seals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts