Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was thinking of installing roller rockers and wanted to also switch to a 1.6 ratio. I still have my stock .202/.160 heads. Someone had mentioned to me that you can put the 1.6 rockers in but you have to do a little work on the heads so the push rods do not rub.

Does anyone have more info on this?

Thx in advance for the help.

Pete

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I changed to the comp cam 1.6 Roller Rockers
and made no modifications
and the engine felt lighter
The heads on your 78 have ob longed holes where the push rods go. Allowing more room around the push rod. The heads on my 74 have round holes. There is very little room around the push rod. So I think I'll stick with the 1.5's

· Registered
10,507 Posts
The heads on your 78 have ob longed holes where the push rods go. Allowing more room around the push rod. The heads on my 74 have round holes. There is very little room around the push rod. So I think I'll stick with the 1.5's

Heads that use the 1.75"/1.5" valves and the 1.937"/1.5" valves use a center-to-center valve spacing of 1-3/4" as does the lifters but the heads that use the larger 2.02"/1.6" valves use a valve spacing of 1-7/8" and MUST use guide plates because the valve spacing is 1/8" wider than the 1-3/4" lifter spacing. The smaller valve heads use simple slots to guide the push rods whereas the larger valve heads use 1/2" holes because the guide plates do the, uh "guiding". Simple as that..................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.