Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
if you mean just factory wheels, all C2 s and C3 s are compatible...its the same suspension/disc brake set up.. And there are hundreds of choices in aftermarket wheels..I run American Racing Outlaws on my C3.. check out WheelforLess.com..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the largest size rim(depth,off size,rim size ) that I can run on my c3 with out problems or changing handling to bad?

·
Registered
584 Posts
What's the largest size rim(depth,off size,rim size ) that I can run on my c3 with out problems or changing handling to bad?
0 offset and 4.5'' of backspacing is for stock suspension and 17'' rims is the common
and wheelforless.com is a good recommendation to "upgrade" the wheels
BUT more rubber = better ride

·
Registered
462 Posts
I run Centerline 18" x 8" with a 4" rear spacing with no clearance problem. Tires are 255/45ZR18 which is the same height as your 255/60r15 so no change in speedo reading. Sidewall height goes from 6" down to 4.5" and the section width will increase on the 18" giving better handling and require more horsepower for them smokey burnouts :burnout:

Here is a link to a great site for comparing tires sizes if you want to change the wheel diameter.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx u,one last stupid question,whats chevy lug spacing messure at?(sorry,i just switch from mustangs,booo i know)lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Bolt pattern is 5 x 4.75 aka (4 3/4) physical measurement is done by Diagonal measurement from the outside of one hole to the center of the other one. Example, if the five lug pattern was in the position of a star you would measure from the 12 o'clock position to the 5 or 7 o'clock center. Same way if you measure a wheel, outside edge of the first hole to the center of the other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts