Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with my 2000 c5. Start the car and it's fine one start up and the next it's on the fritz. Turn the key to on and the gauges go to cycling but only get to 5mph 1000 rpm and start to glitch and reset back to zero and tries to keep cycling thru power over and over again with the same results.the relays in the fuse box in the floor board keep clicking like they are constantly resetting like the gauges. Eventually it will cycle the gauges the like normal and the car will start, however the check engine light is on and the car dash reads low volts and reduced engine power. The code it throws is 1518 in the PCM. Scan tool says to check for corrosion on connecters to the PCM and replacing the PCM. I have looked the connections are ok no corrosion though the back side of the PCM has a white flakey corrosion on the back of the unit. Cleaned both and still the same problem exists. I have changed the battery and had the alternator checked and they are both good. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
what did you use on the connector ?
did you pull it completely apart ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used computer air duster on the connector and I did not pull the connector and the wires apart. Looked at the face of the connector looking for discolor on both blue and red connector and on the prongs of the PCM, seemed clean but air dusted them out anyway.reconnected and problem still exists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts