Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do these light up when doors are open or are these just reflectors? Seems like they could almost be back lit. Was there an option that I'm not aware of for this?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those are reflectors only. I've thought about putting lights behind mine too. I can't imagine it would be that hard, just need to tap into the circuit of existing interior lights.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
They are only intended to reflect light from on coming cars when your doors are open. Yes they could have been backlit. No, there was never an option for them to be backlit, you didn't miss it. It would have been one more thing that added weight and cost. Most cars only have reflectors there rather than lights and a reflector will work the same way if the car is on or off. Just a simple solution for a potential problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They are only intended to reflect light from on coming cars when your doors are open. Yes they could have been backlit. No, there was never an option for them to be backlit, you didn't miss it. It would have been one more thing that added weight and cost. Most cars only have reflectors there rather than lights and a reflector will work the same way if the car is on or off. Just a simple solution for a potential problem.
:goodpost:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts