Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just replaced the plastic radiator recovery tank with a Canton racing aluminum one. It looks great! Now, between the battery and the fuse box there is a real thin plastic separator. I removed it and actually the eng. comp. looks better (cleaner). Question is, what the heck is the purpose or this piece???? I insulated the fuse box, just in case... Any ideas?????????? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :patriot:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Agreed , I'd put it back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys, I just replaced the plastic radiator recovery tank with a Canton racing aluminum one. It looks great! Now, between the battery and the fuse box there is a real thin plastic separator. I removed it and actually the eng. comp. looks better (cleaner). Question is, what the heck is the purpose or this piece???? I insulated the fuse box, just in case... Any ideas?????????? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :patriot:
I just replaced my tank also. Looked online for replacement and the best price I could find was $89. Tried the dealership.....lol. $130 from the dealership. Called a company that I used to work for in the early 80's. They are the GM parts distributor for the southeast and it was $64 out the door. Pays to remember old connections.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is to keep engine heat away from the battery and acid away from the engine. A battery and heat don't mix well.
That makes sense.. So, I guess I'll be puttting it back.. By the way, The Canton aluminum tank looks great and should last a lot longer than the plastic... Thanks. :patriot:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Heat Shield, leave it alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts