Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
910 Posts
Yes, I do. It's a map light- option UF1.

This is actually one of the items on my "to do" list. I got my '75 fairly recently and there are other issues I have to deal with first.

· Registered
910 Posts
Does your coupe have a dome light besides the map light
Well, I have the usual courtesy lights, and since I have T-Tops the "Dome" light is not above the compartment, but instead is way back, behind the seats, on the vertical wall, under the rear window. It's kinda nutty they call it a dome light.

· Registered
910 Posts
Based on how a map light should work, the circuit should be hot when the light switch is on. Did you test for voltage with the switch on? or with the light switch turned for courtesy lights to go on? Do you have voltage at the light in the rear? and if/so, what do you do to get it hot?
Being you have the slide switch for the map light, you could power up the switch with a constant hot regardless of which position the light switch is in. Slide the switch and the map light comes on.

Mine is not working either, but I haven't tried to fix it yet- lotsa other things to do first. Let me know how you make out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.