Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,591 Posts
at least they fixed it on the C5

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 86 and a 98 Vette. Both have particular design problems when it comes to fixing what you'd think would be easy to do, but this bulb is insane. I finally force my right arm up the hole under the bumper. I was able to replace the bulb with great difficulty and almost lost my arm in the process. Taking my arm out was the biggest problem. I had to put my arm in and out 3 times and now I have, what I'm sure will be lifetime scars, on my elbow and forearm. I guess it's the price you pay to look cool in a red Corvette. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Where is Mr. Fantastic when you need him? I'm sure that there is a special place in hell for the engineer who designed this "system". By the way, the doctors were able to save my arm, but self-stimulation will not occur anytime soon. Thanks for your "help", although I think some of you were making sport of my problem.

· Premium Member
9,061 Posts
I have a 86 and a 98 Vette. Both have particular design problems when it comes to fixing what you'd think would be easy to do, but this bulb is insane. I finally force my right arm up the hole under the bumper. I was able to replace the bulb with great difficulty and almost lost my arm in the process. Taking my arm out was the biggest problem. I had to put my arm in and out 3 times and now I have, what I'm sure will be lifetime scars, on my elbow and forearm. I guess it's the price you pay to look cool in a red Corvette. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Where is Mr. Fantastic when you need him? I'm sure that there is a special place in hell for the engineer who designed this "system". By the way, the doctors were able to save my arm, but self-stimulation will not occur anytime soon. Thanks for your "help", although I think some of you were making sport of my problem.
wait til you need to change the front turn signal bulb on that 98 ...LOL!

· Registered
5,591 Posts
The only plugs I've ever had issues with were in a Chevy Monza back in the 80's
these help along with impact ext.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gee, you guys are great! I heard that joke, but it involved bassoon players. Those sockets look extremely interesting. Like I said, I did get her done and I figured out the 7 & 8 plug swap on the 98. I do think I left a sizable amount of DNA in the "access" hole. I'm very tenacious and usually don't quit till I figure it out, but it's always nice to communicate with other folks about my technical problems. You know, everybody says what a cool car and it must be nice to own a Vette or two, but nobody realizes what it takes to maintain these guys.

· Premium Member
9,061 Posts
Gee, you guys are great! I heard that joke, but it involved bassoon players. Those sockets look extremely interesting. Like I said, I did get her done and I figured out the 7 & 8 plug swap on the 98. I do think I left a sizable amount of DNA in the "access" hole. I'm very tenacious and usually don't quit till I figure it out, but it's always nice to communicate with other folks about my technical problems. You know, everybody says what a cool car and it must be nice to own a Vette or two, but nobody realizes what it takes to maintain these guys.
but, its a labor of love! LOL!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.