Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 87 with the 17 X 11 zr1 replica wheels. Anybody try a different size than the 315/35ZR17 ? Something close to that size ? The reason i ask is because the tire brands available in the size are pretty sparce! Unless its a full out drag slick.

· Registered
797 Posts
Yeah I've had that issue, Tire Rack.com did me well.

Our Corvettes had, at that time, "low profile" rims. By today's standards they're far from it, and given the massive tread width they're very awkward. You could try the wheels off an earlier model C4 (I think 84-89 don't quote me on the exact years though) however you'll find the same problem, its still not "low profile" but is still wider than average.

Like I said, I had great luck with Tire Rack and I think they offered free shipping. Or, buy rims with a very low profile and tires should be easier to find.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
if you mean the GS-D3 , I think they quit making them , at least they did for C5's
I'm guessing they are just selling old stock in the other sizes
I'd check the date codes before buying any.

· Registered
4,139 Posts
When I had my 17X11 I went with the 315 Nitto NT555. I got a little discount of them, pretty good tire I have to say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.