Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few times I've closed my rear hatch it won't put down on it's own. If i open a window and let it drop from 2 or 3 inches it latches and pulls down under power but if I just sit it down and then push with a couple of fingers it latches but won't pull down. I've always closed it this way in the past and don't like having to slam it to get it to pull closed. Do they have a motor that pulls the hatch down under power? Any ideas on what's going on? :patriot:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
no idea, but mine has been finicky too. Somestime the pulldown works; sometimes it just slams shut.

·
Registered
286 Posts
no idea, but mine has been finicky too. Somestime the pulldown works; sometimes it just slams shut.
Mine does the same thing. If the windows or doors are open it just shuts all the way. If I drop it from too low it wont close and I have to open it and drop it a bit harder and often it takes a few times. I have to drop it with like medium force in order to have the mechanism work on its own.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never slam mine down. I gently close it till it is resting on the latch, then add a little downward pressure until the pull down closes it. I've found if I've dropped it or slammed it shut, I have problems.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Mine also acts up sometimes. I have not tried it with the windows open, but next time it doesn't latch on it's own I will try the open window.:rockon6rk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts