Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Power to the ground

This Spring, I'll be doing some upgrades which will net me anywhere from 700-800 rwhp. I've already purchased some new rubber... Kuhmo ECSTA's XS DR's for the rear, and some Z rated GY's for the front. At 500whp, I'm unable to spin the tires, which is why I went with the Kuhmo DR's again.

I know that at some point, the best tire on earth will cease to be very effective at 700 and 800whp... so are there any other mods that will help get this kind of power?? Coilovers perhaps??

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
do you have a link to the tires? I did not see them on Kumho's site.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A boost by gear setup... I have coilovers and 700WHP but it really hasn't been warm enough for me to hook up yet.
Boost by gear is a good idea. I'll probably get the car to 650-700 first and stay there for awhile to get used to the power. Will also get necessary upgrades to handle that kind of power.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Those look like street tires and not drag radials. I'm surprised that they hold 500 rwhp in 1st or 2nd.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Those look like street tires and not drag radials. I'm surprised that they hold 500 rwhp in 1st or 2nd.
They held it fairly easy too! These are strictly a summer tire. I'm usually home during the peak of summer, so the roads are scorching hot... of course during colder months, performance of the tire will decrease.

They weren't bad in rain either!, in fact, they performed quite well. Got caught in several T-storms in which it is was pouring down raining several times, and cruised on the hgwy at 60mph with no issues whatsoever. Of course, you'd want to avoid large puddles and the sort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts