Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 vett which has developed a leak. Whenever it rains, the floor on the passenger side gets wet. I checked the drain tube on the passenger side cowl, which is where its coming in, but it was fine. Has anyone else experianced any similar problems?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a 1996 vett which has developed a leak. Whenever it rains, the floor on the passenger side gets wet. I checked the drain tube on the passenger side cowl, which is where its coming in, but it was fine. Has anyone else experianced any similar problems?
Oh yeah :rofl:

Mine actually leaked from the old dried up weather stipping around the door. I replaced mine and it corrected the leak.

You can try appling some sil glyde on the weather stripping to make it more supple.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rain water in cabin

thanks for your reply. The rain is coming in from the front of the car [behind the fire wall]. I thought it might be the cowl drain tubes, but the two i've found [one left and one right] are clean. If there is a 3rd one, I don't know where it is.
take care,
steve

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I hope it's not the windshield. What makes me think it could be is mine has a small ping in it. I asked our windshield guy how much it would be to replace it. He said I's have to get a price on oem weather stripping because C4's has one under the windshield....

Course the good news is that your floor pan isn't gonna rust out, so you could just drill a coupe of drain holes.......

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I had the same problem(passenger side), I think it was leaking from the screens outside or something. My floor pan was cracked so I sealed that up with clear silicone. I think that stopped it. We'll see.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Questions for you?

1.) How long have you owned this C4?
2.) Has the car always leaked, If not when did it start leaking?

This is not an easy undertaking. It's going to require that you do some troubleshooting on your end. There isn't going to be a canned resolution for this. Sorry.

If I owned it, I would do the following.

Remove the passenger seat, door panel and carpet.

The next step will require a friend, hose and some patience. You will need to get into the car and have your friend drench a section of the car at a time while you carefully observe the inside of the car. Hopefully, you will be able to at least identify what part of the car that the water is coming from.

Leaks are never fun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts