Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a direct fit for a 2008 C6 wouldn't it? Has anyone picked up one of these for their C6? Are you happy with the look? I'm wondering how durable that clear plastic center piece is? Will this discolor over time? I know certain plastics will turn brownish in color after a little time. Does this require special care?

Lastly does anyone have these hoods on sale? Who has the best price?

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I sell the new GM hood. MSRP is $5720.02, we sell them for $3679.55. It's pretty, but it's expensive. I've not heard of any issues or special care, but it may be too soon to tell also.
Kevin

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
The hood is a direct replacement across all model year C6 Corvettes. The insert for the window is replaceable and will have a separate part number that is available through SPO (but you might need a ZR1 VIN to order it.)

The window has a special hardcoating designed to prevent yellowing as most polycarbonate materials will suffer with extended UV exposure. Treat it the same way you treat your painted surfaces.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like the hood but honestly wouldn't be something I would put on my car unless I had crazy motor under the hood, or at least a beefy supercharger!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch, man does anyone have a used one for sale?

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
A little pricey even for carbon fiber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts