Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Definitely worn parts will cause more wheel hop and all sorts of other issues. I would guess the motor and transmission mounts would be top on the list.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Drive line mounts, motor mounts, transmission mounts then I would say tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hop

Replace with Poly Trans and Motor mounts, Look at Pfadt, also swaybar upgrade, aleast poly bushing ! Tires without saying !

·
Registered
451 Posts
That bad?

Thanks buddy :thumbsup3:
The first gen early year CTS Vs were not known for their reliability. On my 05 V, the rear end was replaced at about 1k miles (I only owned it for about 300 miles), inside of rear tires wore down to 3/32s in about 4k miles and all 4 were gone by about 14.5k, new rear end shook itself loose around 6k, numerous interior panels came off ("Sail panels") and then the rear end howled again around 14k. GM said it was normal so I traded in the car, mostly due because I injured my last hip. I heard they upgraded the rear end in 06 and of course the 09 is a brand new car.

Caddy's customer service was pitiful and I was told they know how many times I hit redline. Caddy advertised it as 0-60 in 4.6 seconds but no one seemed to be able to do it without dumping the clutch at 4k. Later they just said "under 5". Another frequent problem was the axle shafts breaking, which I guess now the went to different thickness shafts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts