Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for somewhere I can get a transparent red targa top for my vette. I can only seem to find the three different colors that GM produced for the C4's. Does anyone know of a place or website that can produce custom made targa tops? Thanks for any help on this matter.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Targa Tops

I'm looking for somewhere I can get a transparent red targa top for my vette. I can only seem to find the three different colors that GM produced for the C4's. Does anyone know of a place or website that can produce custom made targa tops? Thanks for any help on this matter.
R U Nuts ? Targa Tops Suck ! They only Made em In Blue & Brown ! & They Crack ! I replaced mine & It's Got 3 Cracks in it, Now & NIGHT WATCHMAN Wouldn't Stand Behind it.. It's a POS.......Oh ! & Their 1100.00 $$$$

·
Registered
799 Posts
Too put it in a less harsh tone, the acrylic targa tops are of poor quality. I personally don't like them for the plain fact that it turns your car into even more of a greenhouse in the summer. Bucwheat is correct, I have never seen red myself, but you may be best off getting the tint and doing it on your own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the acrylic targa also that's not exactly cracking but kinda splintering from the front corners, what to do.? Does someone sell a solid panel?
As for roasting your a$$ wear some jeans goof! Really who rides around w/ out pants

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I like having both tops

·
Registered
430 Posts
I love my acrylic top, but guess its never subjected to harsh sun like in Arizona or Florida. On hot days up here I either go topless or use the painted top. 90% of time though its the acrylic top.
From what I've seen your only choices are the blue or bronze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my acrylic top, but guess its never subjected to harsh sun like in Arizona or Florida. On hot days up here I either go topless or use the painted top. 90% of time though its the acrylic top.
From what I've seen your only choices are the blue or bronze.
Hi I have an 85 with the painted top.. Is there a factory liner that belongs in it? Mine is just painted a flat black color and is sort of rough to the touch. would lke something more finished looking .. I leave the op off most days due to ease of entry/exit.. but it does rain here in North GA sometimes..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am really wanting a regular fiberglass top for my '90. My factory glass top has some cracks, the mirror finish is kaput and I had to put some window tint on the underside because it was hot, hot, hot.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
It just so happens that last week I had to get a new top for my wifes vette. After almost having a heart attack looking at the prices I found a company called astrotops. They offer 3 colors for the glass tops. Blue,Bronze, and I think it was gray was the third. Couldn't beat the price at $480. Naturally there is a core deposit. I did get it and it was packaged perfectly safe and the quality was second to none. No scratches, even new hardware, new weatherstrip.
I think I read that they can customize a color but you would have to call them to be sure.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Hi I have an 85 with the painted top.. Is there a factory liner that belongs in it? Mine is just painted a flat black color and is sort of rough to the touch. would lke something more finished looking .. I leave the op off most days due to ease of entry/exit.. but it does rain here in North GA sometimes..
Yes it should have a headliner, my 85 has one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Targa Top's

It just so happens that last week I had to get a new top for my wifes vette. After almost having a heart attack looking at the prices I found a company called astrotops. They offer 3 colors for the glass tops. Blue,Bronze, and I think it was gray was the third. Couldn't beat the price at $480. Naturally there is a core deposit. I did get it and it was packaged perfectly safe and the quality was second to none. No scratches, even new hardware, new weatherstrip.
I think I read that they can customize a color but you would have to call them to be sure.
Thank's for the Info ! :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thx friend, I'll check them out. I'm wanting the custom red top for when I enter car shows, as I am doing both restoring & customizing mine. I'm theme-ing my Vette after the PS2 game "BloodRayne" hince the need for the acrylic red targa panel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts