Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Maybe you can help me with this. I ordered an AC Delco AC Refrigerant Hose for my 1982 Corvette. The hose says “Parker” on it, and there is a number on it “7694”. Why doesn’t it say AC Delco on it? Don’t all AC Delco parts carry their name. I emailed the company to inquire about this, and this is what they said:
Many of AC Delco's parts meant for the aftermarket don't actually say "AC Delco" on them, but as long as the part comes in the AC Delco packaging, it is a genuine part from them, with their warranty.
Is this true? Thanks for your help.
Cat =^..^=

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
it's true and common among most , if not all , manufacturers

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Hi Guys,
Maybe you can help me with this. I ordered an AC Delco AC Refrigerant Hose for my 1982 Corvette. The hose says “Parker” on it, and there is a number on it “7694”. Why doesn’t it say AC Delco on it? Don’t all AC Delco parts carry their name. I emailed the company to inquire about this, and this is what they said:
Many of AC Delco's parts meant for the aftermarket don't actually say "AC Delco" on them, but as long as the part comes in the AC Delco packaging, it is a genuine part from them, with their warranty.
Is this true? Thanks for your help.
Cat =^..^=

Parker Hannifin supplies the hose for a lot of G.M.'s A/C hoses but as long as they come in a A/C Delco package it's supposed to be the correct one for your '82. I'm sure Gates also supplies hose to G.M.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Were you looking for just a replacement hose or one that's NCRS correct? Replacement hoses meet the form, fit and function of origianls, but don't necessarily meet the originals in appearance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help, guys. I didn't know that many of AC Delco's parts that are meant for the aftermarket don't actually say "AC Delco" on them. I learned yet another new thing.
For TimAT: I just needed a replacement hose. NCRS correct is not an issue for me because my car is mainly for local shows and pleasure driving.
Thanks again to everyone. It's great to know that I can come to this site and get all of the answers and information that I need.
Cat =^..^=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts