Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend came over with his old hotrod and motivated me to pull the vette out and get back on it.It allways looks worse before it gets better.
I also pulled the other V-rod out to get ready for the season.I have since pulled the motor and tranny back out of the vette to prep for the TKO.

It's sad to see it like this!!!
I have gathered some goodies for the build though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like the rear flares.. had a pair just like those on a 69/427 years ago. looks like you ve got a ways to go .
Yup the doors are back on it now.I pulled them to strip the front jambs and prime.It goes togther quick,as everything is easy to get to now.I also have a second front clip that I'm modding to interchange with my custom front.It will be flared but not as wild.(Steel bumper)Just to change it up every now and then.
Hope to have it back to this point soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nope,not yet. I still have to spend my lifes savings on fittings and lines.Also got a secont tank to mod with a sump and 10an fittings.
Be sure to use some rubber grommets under the mounting points. Those things vibrate like a son of a gun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Parts are starting to arrive for it.The new flywheel is here now and I bought new motor mounts but they are too tight on the frame mounts.I hope to build the sump for the tank soon.Still need tons of fittings and fuel line!$$$.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
it should be with twin turbo s! just hope you don t have to pick up the differential with a broom and dustpan! here s hoping that the tires never hook up !:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amen Brother! I will adress that issue down the road,but I hope it is when I'm ready and not because I broke it!The car is very lite,but has been known to hookup pretty good so I'm gonna have to be good to it for a while.(That's gonna be hard!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not gonna see turbo's this season anyway.
I still have to tackle the rest of the conversion and get all the bugs out before I get too crazy.
I rushed the last turbo motor and it bit me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here's some from today.I got the plasma coils from Ignition Solutions.This should let me run a wider gap on the plugs without the boost blowing out spark.This will also allow me to mount the coils almost anywhere in the bay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Most of the fuel system has arrived and I'm just waiting on a few small parts.I'll be running a return system.I went a head and bought a fuel cell too.10an from cell split to 8an through the rails to the regulator with a 6an return.Should keep it feed.:thumbsup3:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts