Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Where to get? minw has been getting slower and slower and it finally quit

Are you absolutely sure you have a bad motor" Before I would go and order a new one I would put power directly to the motor using jumper wires from the battery. A long time ago I learned 95% of all electrical problems are the result of bad connection. You may just have burned points in your rocker switch or a loose connection at the motor. If your motor IS bad you can get a new one from Corvette Central, Ecklers, Mid America, Riks, and so on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you absolutely sure you have a bad motor" Before I would go and order a new one I would put power directly to the motor using jumper wires from the battery. A long time ago I learned 95% of all electrical problems are the result of bad connection. You may just have burned points in your rocker switch or a loose connection at the motor. If your motor IS bad you can get a new one from Corvette Central, Ecklers, Mid America, Riks, and so on.
I did run power straight to it same thing very very slowstill.
I told a friend of mine about it so he said wait we can fix!!! so in 10 minutes we had it out,
took the motor apart , cleaned the armator greased the rest the brushes were good for another year he said, works 10 times faster with the car not running than it did with it running, man he is good. his a good friend of mine for 30 years still has his first car LOL 74 grandam with a 455 ci he knows his **** and loves to tinker, saved me $90 bucks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds like the commutator is carboned over. No way to repair unless you open the motor case. Probably more than you want to do.:thumbsup3:

Sorry... Didn't see your last post Johnny.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like the commutator is carboned over. No way to repair unless you open the motor case. Probably more than you want to do.:thumbsup3:

Sorry... Didn't see your last post Johnny.
that's cool thanks for the reply just need a switch now found a repro for $14 plus ship $4 noy bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts