Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had posi when I bought car. Almost positive. Now only left tire reacts first. Is the Hubs on the back related to posi traction. Please dont tell me its limited slip crap.:ban:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
your Dana 36 still has a clutch pak , just like all limited slip differentials have ..the clutches are probably worn out... does it chatter when turning slowly?

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Had posi when I bought car. Almost positive. Now only left tire reacts first. Is the Hubs on the back related to posi traction. Please dont tell me its limited slip crap.:ban:

"Positraction" has been standard for about 30 years. It's possible a previous owner didn't put the friction modifier in it and that would cause it to "chatter" when you're turning sharp corners. I would suggest you siphon the lube out and refill it with fresh 85W90 hypoid gear oil and add 6 ounces of friction modifier.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ALL C4s CAME WITH POSI-TRACTION. CHANGE THE GEAR GREASE AND ADD TWO BOTTLES OF THE GM FRICTION MODIFIER SPEC'ED FOR POSI EQUIPED DIFFS.

RACE ON!!!
JIM

PS. CHEVY'S POSI-TRACTION IS A LIMED SLIP. THE REAR HUBS PLAY NO PART IN IT'S OPERATION.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts