Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed when i go to the ups store the fobs dont seem to work. as soon as i pull up and shut the car off it tells me no fobs detected. even though its in my pocket where it always is and the last time i went to leave (on my lunch and allready running late) i didnt wanna start at all. i ended up holding the fob under the dash next to radio and it finally started then when i got back to work no probs. this is the only place i found that make the car go all re-re. and its done it everytime i been there (5 or 6 times)
has anyone seen anything like this? its gotta be some kinda radio signal or something emitted from that area.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My wife was driving back from Tenn to our home in Fl. (I've posted this before but it hasn't come up since) She stopped at a gas station/convenience store in Valdosta Ga. She parked on the side of the bldg and when she went back to her car the fob wouldn't work....she couldn't get into her car until she put the key in by the rear license plate. There was a Chevy dealer a couple blocks away and a salesman came out to help her.......no luck. He called one of his mechanics and the mechanic knew exactly where she was parked. He put her fob in the glove box and did something on a lap-top and the car was fine. He said that he's had that problem in that exact spot with Vettes about 5 times. She doesn't stop there anymore when she makes the trip.:nono:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have this happen to our 2008 Silverado. I loose the fobs and the service traction control light comes on. :wtf:

The wierd part is that there isn't any obvious sources or causes on this mountain that we go to. It's probably decaying natural radioactive material or a giant magnet in the ground.. Who knows...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I've had a similar problem with RFI on another car. It would not operate in a portion of the parking lot. So far no problems with the vette FOB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fob doesn't work

I have the same problem at the ups store in Shreveport. my fob works fine at all other sites, but park in front of ups and I have to put the fob in the glove box slot.:patriot:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Locations where there is high power electrical devices such as power lines, neon signs, electrical transformers, electrical fences and hidden dog containment systems can affect the operation of the FOB.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The salesman and the Chevy mechanic that came out to help my wife wouldn't charge her. They wouldn't even accept a tip.:thumbsup3: Kudos to the dealership in Valdosta Ga.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I recently found fob would not work if in same pocket as iPhone works fine as long as it's in different pocket

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The salesman and the Chevy mechanic that came out to help my wife wouldn't charge her. They wouldn't even accept a tip.:thumbsup3: Kudos to the dealership in Valdosta Ga.
In recent years, my experience with GM service has been excellent. Great to see that your wife received the same excellent service. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fob issues

Convenience store/gas stations. I pull in at the further-est pump away from the building to avoid embarrassment. Also my drive way, but this may be due to weak battery in the car. After charging the battery the problem goes away most of the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts