Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here they are, I haven't really taken any detailed shots but these should do. It's got a few scratches here and there, few little cracks, other then that it's fairly good. Some of the door panels are slightly coming off, no biggie for now. Weather stripping might soon need to be replaced. I believe this C4's first home was in New Hampshire.

Here it is getting all the fluids and filters changed( I would of liked to have done some myself but this C4 is lower then my friend's 87!!!! I can barely fit my head under)
[/URL][/IMG]

Clam shell!
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's a side shot, you can just see the LT-1, for 150k miles, the engine bay looks fairly clean.
[/URL][/IMG]

First day I picked it up and drove it down.
[/URL][/IMG]

And just for kicks, this badass!! C3 I ran into the same day over at a dealership.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It looks pretty clean. How familiar with the LT1 and the beloved opti-spark are you?
Guess I mean do you already know not to wash the front of the engine?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well I read on a Cor-Vette Specs books, the opti-spark is bound to fail, I'm not looking forward to it... As for not washing the front of the engine, I just found out and glad I haven't done so. What would that cause anyways?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Well I read on a Cor-Vette Specs books, the opti-spark is bound to fail, I'm not looking forward to it... As for not washing the front of the engine, I just found out and glad I haven't done so. What would that cause anyways?
Washing the front of the engine usually ruins the optispark. To give an idea most dealers quote $1200 or more to replace an opti. It is a DIY job if you have basic tech skills, but still expensive.
The 92-94s have the GenI opti, 95-96s have the GenII opti. Gen II is vented, better sealed, and more likely to survive a bath, but not worth the chance in my opinion. GenI and GenII are not interchangeable (go figure).

·
Registered
307 Posts
well that sucks i have a gen 1

·
Registered
307 Posts
holy crap its my car twin

nice

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up and the info 95Vette, will do my best to keep water away from there!
84Vette, it's good to see a twin!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
hey check out this site for good lt1/lt4 info www.LTXtech.com
im turtle over thier lots of f-body could use some more vette guys pluss tons of info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Nice! :burnout: :thumbsup3:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts