Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Call me stupid but my photos don't go to a gallery. They are in my computer and some flash drives for back-up. If I can't upload from my computer, they won't get seen. Love to hear the reason I can't upload as I wish.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call me stupid but my photos don't go to a gallery. They are in my computer and some flash drives for back-up. If I can't upload from my computer, they won't get seen. Love to hear the reason I can't upload as I wish.
Yup, been trying to do it the way I always have and no go.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
the fork dimensions appear the same, so either the throw-out bearing is wrong for the pressure plate or you don t have the throw-out bearing in the right position in the fork...I can t see where it could be anything else..assuming you have adjusted the pivot ball , and gotten no improvement.. I know its a pain to take it all down again, but if you burn that new disc, you ll have to buy more partrs and take it down again..

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the fork dimensions appear the same, so either the throw-out bearing is wrong for the pressure plate or you don t have the throw-out bearing in the right position in the fork...I can t see where it could be anything else..assuming you have adjusted the pivot ball , and gotten no improvement.. I know its a pain to take it all down again, but if you burn that new disc, you ll have to buy more partrs and take it down again..
Thanks, it's a head scratcher. I will get under the car again today to have another look.

I bought the complete clutch kit, incl t/out brg, from Ram thru Summit. The brg is the same length as the old one. The tech at Ram said I could go with the longer bearing but the likely reason I have no more adjustment is the fingers on the brand new clutch will extend as it wears. The kit was by application and both Summit and Ram confirmed it s/b correct.

You can see from the picture why I had to replace the fork though!

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
yeah, the retaining clips were shot... have you tried to extend the pivot ball ? use a 3/8 allen , it will give more adjustment..as to right parts, Summit is usually dead on. wish I could help more

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, the retaining clips were shot... have you tried to extend the pivot ball ? use a 3/8 allen , it will give more adjustment..as to right parts, Summit is usually dead on. wish I could help more
Tried the pivot ball-it's already all the way in. Matter of fact, I had ordered a new one and couldn't loosen the old one so left it alone so as not to crack the housing since the ball looked OK anyway.

Looked under there again and appears the only good solution is a longer t/out brg. Gotta R&R trani again, I'm gonna be good at this! I could modify the clutch rod but that would push the fork rearward too far. Which could be what broke the retaining clip before since the old bearing was the short type. Since my bro didn't work on cars, I have to believe it was the owner b/4 him. I have found a few things that were very "Bubba"...

Thanks again for your input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts