Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Agent
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Smokinvette members, here we are again with another product review, this time it is for the Pfadt adjustable shocks. Now prior to us going with the Pfadt set-up we had gone through just about all the other popular shocks that you could have gone with. This would include the stock Z51 from the factory, the Bilstien Sports, the Koni Sports and then the Koni FSD’s. With that said, we felt that seeing that we went through that many shocks that we would have a pretty unbiased opinion on these shocks.

We decided to try the Pfadt adjustable shocks because we were looking for a little more options as far as adjustability is concerned without going to a full coil over. When we got the shocks delivered we were very impressed right off the bat with the fantastic looks that they had. However we know as well as everyone does that looks do not mean anything and performance is everything.

Installing the Pfadt shocks were very easy as with installing most shocks so we can’t really report to much on the installation process other than that the shocks went on with very good precision. We put the shocks on the stiffest settings seeing that we had the Vette dropped as low as it would go so we needed a stiffer setting.
The install took about three hours and as soon as we had the tires and wheels back on we were out on the road testing these shocks out. Right off the bat we could tell that these Pfadt shocks held the Vette a little bit better than the other shocks that we had tried. This was evident when we would hit a dip in the road, with the other shocks we would smell burning rubber because the tires would rub on the fenders. We did not smell the burning rubber with the Pfadt’s and that was the main concern that we had in the beginning. We continued driving around just getting a feel of the shocks and we were very satisfied.

With all that said we here at SmokinVette.com give the Pfadt shocks a smokin two thumbs up! We would highly recommend these shocks to anyone that is looking for an all around great shock that has full adjustability.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can't believe all the shocks you guys have tried, thanks for posting this review. So safe to assume with all the shocks you have gone though you really have a good user knowledge of what is available. :thumbsup3:

·
Smokin Manufacture
109 Posts
Pfadt Sport Shocks

Greg,

I would like to really thank you for the review of our Sport Shocks! It is fantastic to get the feed back from someone that has tried so many other shocks!

Please do not hesitate to give me a call if you have any questions regarding setup or tuning!

Can you use these shocks to acually lower the stance of the car without lowering bolts?
These shocks, as with most, do not change the ride height of the car. There can be a small ride height change if the internal pressure is substantially different between the old and new shocks. This usually occurs when someone replaces a severely worn out shock that has little to no internal pressure with a new shock. Even in this case the ride height change would be minimal, less then 0.25 inches.

When we designed the Pfadt Sport Shocks we matched the pressure of the factory shocks to minimize the ride height change.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can help with! I am happy to answer any questions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.