Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

the passanger floor board of my 98 vert was soaking wet after a 2 hour trip to Phoenix AZ with A/C on. My father thought it might be drain plug for A/C but i have no clue where it is. Can you guys help me out? :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
You have a clogged drain. Up on the passenger side fire wall there are a couple of rubber tubes that are the drain tubes for the airconditioner and condensation water and rain water that accumulates at the base of the windshield.

They are commonly referred to as udders. These tubes are "L" shaped and hang upside down. They have a slit in the rubber at the bottom and can get clogged with leaves and debris from the windshield cowl. They just need to be cleaned out and it will take care of the problem.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
You have a clogged drain. Up on the passenger side fire wall there are a couple of rubber tubes that are the drain tubes for the airconditioner and condensation water and rain water that accumulates at the base of the windshield.

They are commonly referred to as udders. These tubes are "L" shaped and hang upside down. They have a slit in the rubber at the bottom and can get clogged with leaves and debris from the windshield cowl. They just need to be cleaned out and it will take care of the problem.
:iagree:

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Right on! thanks.:thumbsup3:
These are photos of the udders on the firewall. These just below the wiper motor.

This is the drain hose on the passenger side for the AC condenser.

It is located behind the battery

This is the look out of the car.

Lastly, this is the drain on the passenger side firewall. It is also behind the battery. This is the likely culprit in your case.

This is the look of that one out of the car

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just a small comment, his problem is the AC drain line not the cowl drains (udders)... As always Talon excelelnt post!!!!!!!! :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Service Information
Document ID: 1837338
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIC4094: Water Leak on the Passenger Floor or BCM Area - keywords BEC drain fuse hose HVAC IBEC - (Jun 12, 2006)

Subject: Water Leak on the Passenger Floor or BCM Area

Models: 2004-2006 Cadillac XLR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Water may leak on the passenger floor area. The water typically will drip into the electrical panel were the BCM/Fuse center is located. This may result into several electrical concerns. This may be the result of the HVAC drain hose becoming pinched during assembly. This will cause the HVAC case to overflow with water and leak into the passenger floor electrical center area.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Inspect the HVAC drain hose for proper routing and drain characteristics. Repair or replace any damaged drain hose as necessary.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I don't know about pinched from the factory but the AC drain will get plugged with slime buildup as Talon said...

Tim

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

Thanks Talon, the pics are awsome. Ill be fixin it tonight. :banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help!

the passanger floor board of my 98 vert was soaking wet after a 2 hour trip to Phoenix AZ with A/C on. My father thought it might be drain plug for A/C but i have no clue where it is. Can you guys help me out? :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:
Do you know what the floor board metal is? Mine got wet and I dried the carpet, but I wonder if the floor board will rust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts