Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im going to spray my car myself, i have never sprayed a whole car before, just a pickup box with black enamel thank came out good! i have peral white tri color paint, has anyone shoot this before and if so how difficult is it?

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
what is the base color of your 3 stage? pearls are beautiful if done correctly, you need practice on something small to get the midcoat even and not streaked..the final clears will provide your gloss, and can be cut and polished after a week.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
that s a whole lot easier than colors or metallics.... just try a couple smaller pieces , til you see how it sprays for the midcoats..typically you can reduce the mix more to help. look at it in daylight, streaking is what you need to look for.. and try to spray long areas at a time, varying where you overlap.. I m sure you can do it...I did a bunch of them in my custom shop, but that was in the 70 s and 80 s..we used to do everything, candies, pearls, ghosts, webs, flip flops, metalflakes..but its been a long time....good luck, let me know if I can help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts