Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my best buddy was going to spray my vette for me but unfortunetly he pass away the other day. this was going to be our prolect together to take to car shows together. I think im going to sray he car myself with his spray gun, that way he can still be apart of the project. he taught me alot about body work, but i have only painted a pickup truck box in black enamel, it suprisingly came out good. im am using pear white tri color, im bought the best material, im gonna shoot polyester primer. does anyone know if polyester primer has to be wet sanded before the basecoat is applied? this is one question i never got to ask him before he passed. i hope the car comes out good because im deadicating it to him and all he taught me over the last 35 years. RIP my good friend Joe

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Sorry to hear about your good friend, my condolences..as to painting..Polyester Primers are high solids, high build, sandable primers to use over bodywork to fill deep sand scratches ,imperfections. not really for the entire car....if you want a primer to use right before topcoats, you need a urethane primer [also sandable]or a primer sealer [non sanding].. you should talk to guy at paint store where you purchased the paint.. all brands and types of paint are not the same, some require different prep. He can recomend whats best for the specific paint you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts