Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
As a former autobody instructor, your car was painted in acrylic lacquer, horrible paint. on all flat surfaces that the sun beats on it crows feet the paint. This paint must be removed and refinished with a modern day paint. Base coat/ clear coat. That has UV protection. A ton of nasty work to remove the old paint. Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can anybody steer me in the right direction with a boat load of crazing/cracking/spiderwebbing all over the car? It was stored in an unheated garage and NEVER MOVED for over 20 years. Cover on it was chewed through 15 years ago
This looks like it’s been repainted at some time. The cracking is due to poor or bad sealer. I’ve painted many cars and I’ve seen this even on my C3. Not an easy or cheap fix. The paint needs to come off completely to correct the problem. I would suggest someone who really knows how to paint fiberglass. Make sure they understand the problem before you engage them to paint your ride. If they aren’t clear, move on. A best place to find painters is at Corvette clubs. Find one and get a referral.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts