Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently braking with 3 wheels ( the 2 front & passenger rear) I bled the system but the caliper was stiff so I bought a new one but I am still having the same problem
I get oil but it does not seam to have pressure to stop the disk
Any Advise.... Comments
Thanks_DAV 78

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lines are steel tubing and seem to be clear
the only possibility I can think of is a partially clogged line so disconnecting everything and blowing compressed air into it

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
sometimes the rubber hoses degrade and cause issues , although this is rare.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
David, if your lines are clear,and you are sure you have all the air out of the system, and it still has no pressure to the rear , I would suspect the Master Cylinder
but that would be an issue for 2 wheels if you have a double resevoir
all four if it's a single......perhaps a proportioning valve blockage ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't had the time to look into it but I have a day off tomorrow
the master cylinder was replaced and it is under warranty so might change that as well but isn't the driver side the closest?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am currently braking with 3 wheels ( the 2 front & passenger rear) I bled the system but the caliper was stiff so I bought a new one but I am still having the same problem
I blew air into the lines and my all my brakes work now and spent most of the day bleeding the lines of air :thumbsup3:
One other question: my car shuts off when I suddenly brake
thinking my idle is low 600RPMs but I dont know
Opinions????

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so it was a blockage in line? ..glad it works now.. is that 600 rpm in gear or park ? I don t recall what carb you have, if its Holley, check your float levels
yeah...will I think it was a blocked line. my car is set at 600 Rpms in park... too low?
I have a Holley 670 (street avenger)
The floats are level it works better when I raise my RPM's but dont know if its the mask or the fix??????

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
could be idle mixture also

1 - 18 of 18 Posts