Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time in two years my oil pressure sending unit has gone south again.Came out of my doctors office and fired her up and oil pressure gauge was pegged at 80lbs. I remenber seeing a year or so ago something on here about replacing the sending unit without pulling the intake. Don't want to do that again if I don't have to. I believe it involved drilling a large hole at back of firewall and then patching the hole. Can anybody help? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
You don't cut the firewall , you can make a hole in the cowl
if you have air you can swap it out in under 30 minutes by R&R'ing the intake with a 1/4 inch ratchet
cut method is about 45 MINUTES the first time and 15 MINUTES each after that

my hands are too big to do the you-tube way

or you can spend 3 days like others have :smilielol5:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
ex is right, use a 2in holesaw thru the plastic cowl above the sender.then reseal after.or r&r the intake, or a third option is to move the damn thing away from the heat to side of motor.. Total Perf Eng has a plug and play kit to do just that, nice, clean install.. these senders are prone to heat failure. but if you attempt that video s method, you better have tiny hands.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to attemp the video first. I believe I can do it. Trick is to have plenty of adult beverges on hand.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
good luck houdini !

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I wish I had time when mine failed to relocate it'
now I've done so many for others, I don't care
last one I did was 25 minutes and change

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
That's good to know. Even if it did break, now it would take less than 5 minutes to replace.

Speaking of PITA, I'm also going to get the remote bleeder for the clutch.
yep, if mine ever fails again, its really only a five minute job..but I think getting out of that hot zone is the key to longer life.. the kit looks like a factory harness, so its a clean install.

·
Registered
189 Posts
mine just went out today when I started her up! this is the first time for me and I'm stressed out about it

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
mine just went out today when i started her up! This is the first time for me and i'm stressed out about it
as long as it's not leaking , don't stress.
It's not that big of a deal

·
Registered
189 Posts
It doesn't appear to be leaking, thanks. Where can I buy one? Having a tough time searching online. I would like to find the brass one.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I use rockauto but you may have to look around

1 - 20 of 63 Posts